About Me

Ready to take on the world.

27.8.11

Count it

8 days, 7 hours, 53 minutes, 8 seconds until Sunday, September 4, 2011 at 9:00:00 AM (Edmonton time)

 Also known as
 199 hours
 11990 minutes




That's all the time I have until I leave the comforts of my parents home. A home that I have lived in for the last 19 years. (I'm talking the family home, not the actual structure, trust me I've lived in a few houses). I hate to get all sappy, but holy smokes that sentence is enough to make me tear up. Don't get me wrong, I'm beyond excited to fly the coop and put on my big girl pants, but I can't help but get a little tight throated knowing I won't be able to see my mother everyday, or my dogs, or y'know sleep in my own bed. On the bright side, I won't have to walk up 2 flights of stairs just to use the bathroom, and there will always be people around to talk to. That whole starting my life thing is pretty great too. I can pretty much be anyone I want to. I'm not exactly sure what that will involve. Meaning I don't know exactly who I want to be, but I can figure that out when the time comes. Or y'know just do what I've been doing the last year and finally give in to the odd concept of *gasp* being myself! It's a doozy, I know, but I don't think I'd be very good and being anyone else. I mean, let's face it, I have enough problems figuring out my own nonsense, why would I throw a new identity on top of all that?
Instead of re-inventing Theodora, I think the best bet is just to improve and add on. Improve my work ethic, improve my outlook on life (which I have been doing totally awesome at lately thankyouverymuch), improve my health. Maybe tack on a real smile and toss out the sugar addiction, I think I could be like the like most popular girl in school totally. Because that's EXACTLY what I'm going for. Not.

I'm still packing, I wonder if I'll ever be done, I knew I had a lot of stuff, but this is insane! Trying to decide what to bring and what to leave at home is going to make me lose my hair. If my room weren't the size of a broom closet I'd want to bring my record player and guitar, but there's hardly enough room for me, let alone extras. It might be kind of nice to live without all that clutter and nonsense. I've been trying to simplify my life for a year or so now, and this is the perfect opportunity. I have more junk than any person should, that's for sure.

That is exactly what this is, a perfect opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment